Control your seborrheic dermatitis with lifestyle changes and home remedies.
The best approach for your SD depends on your skin type, the severity of the condition. Look out for the symptoms that affect your scalp or other areas of your body.
1. Wash your scalp – Do not shampoo too often but also making sure to clear the scalp. You may have a healthier scalp and hairline if you shampoo about every two to three days, this will allow natural oils produced by your skin to stay at regular levels.
2. Soften and remove scales from your hair and scalp – Apply hydrating coconut oil and essential oils (mineral oil, olive oil, or olive oil) to your scalp. Leave it in for an hour or so. Then comb or brush your hair and wash it.
3. Boost Immune Function – Improve your overall immunity by avoiding stress and over fatigue. Have enough sleep, and exercise regularly to enhance stress. You can also take up supplements like omega-3 fatty acids and probiotics. Take some time to have a relaxing stroll outside to feel more relaxed and away from worrying.
4. Avoid using synthetic beauty products – Stop using hair sprays, gels, and other styling products while you’re treating the condition. Avoid skin and hair products that contain alcohol. These products can cause the disease to flare up.
5. Stay hydrated – You must increase your fluid intake. Supply skin with enough hydration by drinking enough water throughout the day. As much as possible do not consume salty food, alcohol, caffeine or sugary drinks. All of these can aggravate and dry out the skin. You can drink healthy drinks like coconut water, green tea, fresh juice, and smoothies, but be sure to know your triggers.
6. Use comfortable clothes – You must wear smooth-textured cotton clothing. This will keep air circulating around your skin and reduces irritation and itchiness.
Bonus Tip: Did you know that hard water can cause serious problems to your precious skin? Hard water can cause build up on the scalp, causing a dandruff-like condition to form.
Protect your skin and scalp from harmful elements found in your shower water. Chlorine, pesticides and heavy metals aggravate the occurrence of dry and irritated skin.
Use Dewifier – The Ultimate Shower Filter, get rid of hard water and enjoy a hydrated and healthier skin and scalp.